It's what's for dinner.
That's what is currently cooking up in my crock pot and it smells heavenly.
And not only is it an easy crock pot recipe, but it was super cheap to throw together.
Big thanks to the Money Saving Mom that came up with this recipe!
Here's her recipe:
3-4 Chicken Breasts (I used 2 1/2 since we're a small family)
1/2 Cup BBQ
1-2 Apples - peeled & grated
1 Lemon, juiced
6 Slices of Bacon
-In a small bowl, mix together the grated apples, lemon juice and BBQ Sauce. (I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, it's what we prefer in this house).
-Wrap each chicken breast with about 2 pieces of bacon, then place in the bottom of your crock pot.
-Smother (cover) the bacon wrapped chicken with the BBQ/Apple/Lemon Juice mixture.
Set the crock pot to 'low' and cook for 8 hours!
And here's the finished product!
It turned out pretty delicious, but there's a few things I plan to tweak next time. 1. Use just one apple. Two apples was a little overboard for just two-and-a-half pieces of chicken. 2. I think I'll add more BBQ sauce next time - because my husband and I are crazy about BBQ sauce, and 1/2 cup just wasn't enough to our liking. Overall the flavor was outstanding, it was tangy and a little smokey - pure deliciousness! I'll definitely be making this again. :)



Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I didn't realize you were local too! You should send me a FB message and I can tell you where I went shopping yesterday so you can check it out too. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Yeah, we just moved here last month - so I'm new. :) I've seen quite a few antique shops around, we just haven't stopped in to check them out yet. That and my husband's pay is just now starting to get back on track, PCSing always seems to screw it up. Anyway, I'll message you on FB!
ReplyDelete