Thursday, September 22, 2011

Honey Beer Bread


I loves me some beer bread.  Although, honestly - I love all bread. I'm a carb-aholic, and it's genetic.  Anyway, I found this great recipe on Pinterest for honey beer bread, which is awesome because I usually love to drizzle some honey on a warm slice of it. Beer bread &  honey were meant for each other.

So here's what this recipe requires:

Flour, white sugar, baking soda, salt, butter, honey and of course beer.
If you look closely, you'll notice that I'm also using some local goodness. :)

Add all the dry ingredients together into a medium bowl, and whisk together.

Add the honey and beer. And maybe take a sip.. or two. Oh and don't
forget to mix it together. Don't over do it though, just stir until
the vast majority of flour is mixed in.
Here's the part that made me a little nervous. You take a stick of butter, melt it, and pour 1/2 of it into the bottom of your bread pan. Toss in your dough, then pour the rest of the butter on top of it.  The dough will be swimming in butter. I love butter, but I'm not sure I like this much butter!  I was terrified that it was way too much.        
Fresh out of the oven - looks like the butter worked out well after all. :)
And it smells amazing. 

All that butter gave it a delicious buttery crust.

Perfect density and not too dry.

And with a little extra honey drizzled on, it's absolute perfection. 

So, how do you serve up your beer bread? :)



1 comment:

  1. You had me at beer. That looks wonderful. I am gonna try some for sure..maybe even with dinner today.

    ReplyDelete