Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chocolate Fix: Moist Brownies

A couple years ago I stumbled upon a recipe for brownies that has forever changed my perception of the perfect brownie. Before, I didn't care if it was out of a box, or cake-like, as long as it contained chocolate, I was happy.  After trying this recipe, it's the only kind I make now.  They are moist, rich and the epitome of the perfect brownie. They also make the best hot fudge brownie sundaes. They are also easy to make, and I always have these ingredients in my pantry. Below is the recipe directly from Allrecipes.com


Mmm-Mmm Better Brownies

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended. Stir in walnuts, if desired. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.

I usually bake them in a glass baking dish for about 22 minutes. They seem to cook better in glass, oh and I never add nuts - because I just don't like to mess with perfection.  The recipe also suggests you cool the brownies on a wire rack, but I usually just let mine cool in the dish for about 15-20 minutes.  Cooking them in my oven for 22 minutes means they come out super moist, and still a bit gooey in the center (I prefer gooey), so taking them out of the dish to cool really isn't an option.

These pictures are also a sad reminder that my nice camera is currently out of service. :( Hopefully I'll get it cleaned up and in working condition soon so I can really make you drool with some better pictures.  This little point & shoot I'm using won't allow me to get decent closeups.

Well I hope you give this recipe a try sometime, it's so worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment